Search the forum,

Discuss The true cost of leaving your boots in the bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

not much doubt as to how the scratch was caused G, just following on from Dave and seeing if bath doctor/plastic surgeon could possibly sort it in this instance, thus saving Lynn a lot of hassle.

I know, but if you were the customer with a brand new bath, would you be happy with a fix-up? Don't think I would be...

D

DHTiling

Bath doctors can buff them out or repair and you cannot tell in a vast amount of cases..

D

DHTiling

I reckon we're thinking along the same lines, Doug.. but with photo evidence like that anyone can say antyhing they like... :( and could opt to be as difficult as can be, too... good grief...

You on the magic soup again..:lol:... kind got what you said.. i think.

S

Stewart

Any scratch, crack hole can be fixed by these bath repair companies. I damaged a 2 grand Jacuzzi bath after dropping my Dewalt drill while putting up an accessory. I put a hole in it the size of a 2 pound coin and Plastic Surgeon fixed it a treat.....

P

Pebbs

A monumental arguement has broken out tonight over this, the lads said that their gear was thrown in the corner of this bathroom and the bath was covered with 18mm ply to protect it. The plumbers have been in after the tiling, so the question remains who removed the ply and the bath was wrapped in that cling film stuff. However on one of the other photos there is grout/adhesive on the bath! so someone isent telling the truth. Gisele was right the client isent willing to have a repair done, its an expensive bath so tomorrow it will be another day of wrangling. This comes on top of a really bad week, I feel like running away sometimes honest.

Lynn

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

A monumental arguement has broken out tonight over this, the lads said that their gear was thrown in the corner of this bathroom and the bath was covered with 18mm ply to protect it. The plumbers have been in after the tiling, so the question remains who removed the ply and the bath was wrapped in that cling film stuff. However on one of the other photos there is grout/adhesive on the bath! so someone isent telling the truth. Gisele was right the client isent willing to have a repair done, its an expensive bath so tomorrow it will be another day of wrangling. This comes on top of a really s***e week, I feel like running away sometimes honest.

Lynn

Awh, did you get some weird voicemail on your phone? I texted you earlier - didn't want to call too late, but texted to your homenumber by mistake.. oops... going to watch a bit of TV now, but ring me tomorrow if you like? Take a deep breath, set in your mind what needs to be said, remember the broken record approach, don't stray away from it and most of all get some intelligent support on your side. Blinking heck, Pebbs, this is crappy alright, but it wasn't you whoever it was, so just keep calm, ok? ***

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
my lads did the same on a job,plastered a wall while stood in the new pot shower tray. it looked like a road map the day after,had to get a new one and pay for the install, well,the lad who did it got his wage docked every week (£60)untill it was paid off

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I Feel your pain Pebbs
Put new tub in yesterday, filled with water + siliconed in place.
Get to work today ready to start tiling, set all my gear up outside and knocked a bucket of addy up.
Went into the bathroom and noticed a slight damp patch on the floor under the bath opposite end to the waste and taps.
Thought it was condensation on the underside of the bath but no, it was damaged.
I always check suites before I install them but I also always leave the plastic film on them till the end. The damage was really hard to spot and I only found it by feeling for it.
Waste of a day, no tiling and back to where I was yesterday with a new tub siliconed to the walls.

I really, really hate B&Q :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Reply to The true cost of leaving your boots in the bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen