Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Bill

Well here is a little job I was asked to do blind via a 'mate' .... you know the usual.... 'It's only a small job, about 4m and we have already got the tiles............

Anyho, I turned up to the existing floor, underground basement up on the moors in Rochdale........ (no Cyril Smith jokes please), when I say underground I mean not under the house but underground into the bedrock.

kinell.......i muttered

The blue tiles are laid onto a vinyl/linoleum (tis that old) acting as a decoupler, but it was like the seven seas.

So I persuaded the owner it has to all come up if you want to match the existing floor tiles (just visible in one photo)

So off I went to get good old sand and cement and screeded the floor back to some sort of flastishness (after removing floor tiles and lino of course) and preceded to screed. Going back next week to tile it.

20180720_094515.jpg 20180720_094529.jpg 20180720_094554.jpg 20180720_131524.jpg

O

Old Mod

So I persuaded the owner it has to all come up if you want to match the existing floor tiles (just visible in one photo)

That’s really kool Tom, thanks for sharing, don’t forget to finish the story tho. :)

Looks deep enough to bury a body! :D
Wife ok is she? Haha :rolleyes:

W

Waluigi

3_fall

Do you know the fitter who installed the towel rad?
I couldn’t quite believe my eyes when I looked at the pipe shrouds. On a fit of that scale and cost, it looks like plastic talon pipe shrouds were used.

O

Old Mod

3_fall

Do you know the fitter who installed the towel rad?
I couldn’t quite believe my eyes when I looked at the pipe shrouds. On a fit of that scale and cost, it looks like plastic talon pipe shrouds were used.
Well I know the plumber, but I can almost guarantee it won’t of been his choice.
It’ll have been, “just use those, that’ll do!”
I was dealing with walls out of plumb by 28mm and external corners that had to be mitred 18mm out of plumb, and his was a new build!

20F49930-EC40-4251-8160-01D3C6C439E7.jpeg

W

Waluigi

Ahhh the good old builder dictating things.....bastards:tearsofjoy: a builders level is in a whole different league to what a Tiler would consider level....and Plumb.

I suppose I’ve been fortunate and during the last 25 years I’ve never worked for a builder once.

W

Waluigi

This is a very unique steam room Ive been working on for the past month. Its in a new Wellness Centre and Spa at Broughton Hall in North Yorkshire.
Its made of preformed Wedi, thats then had a resin coat painted on with a bit of sharp sand to give it a 'key'. I used Kerakolls No Limits Bio Gel with their Fugalite Bio epoxy in anthracite. So glad I asked for Kerakolls epoxy as I got through 40 pots. The rounded edged mosaics were a pig to clean and Fugalite made a difficult job easier. The mosaics are 11mm metalic glazed plastic faced ceramics by Botteganove.
The gold graduated blended sheets I made at home before hand.
The room was designed by Milk Leisure Ltd. Lights and steam outlet etc still to be fitted.

View attachment 99571 View attachment 99572 View attachment 99573 View attachment 99574 View attachment 99575 View attachment 99576 View attachment 99577 View attachment 99578

Calling that work first class is an understatement. It’s world class!

Kerakolls epoxy is pretty amazing stuff. Cleans up really well. I was amazed when I first saw it.

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks