Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
A massive epic fail for me. I smoke 20 a day still.
Though now I have to smoke outside - and if I'm lucky when it's raining I get to stick my body in the kitchen, but not my head and hand holding the ciggy. haha

Still on my list of things to do but so are dozens of things that have been on there for years.

S

SandyFloor

I'm still off since the 10th January with no major problems. I've starting going out more often as I can enjoy a pint without craving a smoke now. The best part is that sense of freedom.

C

Colour Republic

Get a 3m length of soil pipe Dan and hang that out the window, that way you should still be able to sit in your favorite chair whilst puffing away. Works a treat:thumbsup:

U

user123

Get a 3m length of soil pipe Dan and hang that out the window, that way you should still be able to sit in your favorite chair whilst puffing away. Works a treat:thumbsup:

:lol: Saad who lives in a small flat shared with his anti-smoking family installed a powerful extractor fan into the kitchen wall, and he used to sit there, puffing away. He'd been very much a chainsmoker since being a teenager I think and got quite grumpy with me for not letting him smoke in my car, but even he managed to give up, just think, Dan, if he can, you can! :thumbsup: He got scared with a bad flu gasping for breath, and scared his family, too, you don't want to be there, Dan... and now he says he feels SO much better, he can't quite believe what a difference it's made!

J

JMW

Stopped smoking back in 1991 tried the Nicorette route with the gum. bloody disgusting stuff so decided i'd try it cold turkey. Havent smoked since, but be warned ther are still days that go by and I think, I could do with a ***.... but have managed to avoid it. Good luck as my wife says there is always third time lucky :p [she would know]

D

Daveshadowman

I can not read 20 pages of posts so who stopped smoking and how I smoke 20 a day did stop once for 1 year but had a bad acciedent and started again but now thinking about stopping so any help

U

user123

Light the cigarette as often as you, like, Dave, but just don't put it in your mouth, you get fed up soon enough.. :)

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Next week I'll have been off them for 6 months. Quite chuffed with myself as smoked 20-30 a day and have smoked for about 19 years. I got a £20 electronic cigarette of ebay. Looks like a ***, the end lit up like a *** and the vapour it produced even gave you the hit in the back of your throat. Used it for about 2-3 weeks and that was it. It now comes out maybe once a month when I'm having a bad day :incazzato: Hopefully this is it, fingers crossed I won't light up again!!

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen