Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I hardly even tried! Not proud. I am going to give it a proper go in the new year but, with better preparation this time. The stupid thing is I gave up for 4 years no problems, had a couple on a night out and here I am 3 years later! My biggest issue is that I really enjoy smoking. I don't drink much, don't gamble, don't take drugs, so smoking is the only thing I actually do that's bad for me.

S

Scott

I dont agree with the patches being given out i dont see that they will work. i tried them when they first came out and yes its stops you from lighting up BUT its just prolonging the inevitable weening yourself from the nicotine addiction thats causing the problem.

If its any help my father is having a biopsy today on a mass in his stomach, he also as a lump on a lymph node. They have told him the lump in his stomach is 'most likely' cancer but will test to see how aggressive and at what stage its at before the full prognosis is given. He has recently been ferrying my uncle around for his chemo after getting throat cancer. Both of these cases are caused by smoking.

Its not just YOU that is affected by the smoking its those around you too. Stop smoking, stop being selfish and perhaps you can prevent the misery it may cause your loved ones when they have to watch you die a slow and nasty death from it.

D

diamondtiling

don't count your chickens Dom I stopped for a year and really didn't believe I'd ever start again:oops:

I know what your saying Doug but it was my time to stop for good. I really hated the ****, I hated the comments from my children and friends but most importantly I wanted to stop smoking and I have done it.

The coin jar has over £600 in it now and thats only two months

:thumbsup:

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen