Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I fell off the wagon today, after traveling a mile and half in 1 1/4 hours my head was cooked. So i just had to have 1, smoked 3 in total before feeling disgusted with myself, and thrown em in the bin. Tomorrows another day...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
instead of having a smoke just take a big deep breath , hold it for a few seconds and let it go, far more calming than a smoke, it takes 7 seconds for the nicotine to get from the lungs to the receptors in the brain so its the first draw that relaxes which is the breath not the smoke

To be fair mate when I used to get stressed I'd have a few cigs in a row and then sit down and mull over my issue, whatever it is.

Though I'll give the holding the breath thing a go, why? Because you've quit and I bloody want to :lol: So I'm listening mate.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I fell off the wagon today, after traveling a mile and half in 1 1/4 hours my head was cooked. So i just had to have 1, smoked 3 in total before feeling disgusted with myself, and thrown em in the bin. Tomorrows another day...

That's alright mate just keep starting again. I'd perhaps keep the cigs too because then you'll just have the odd one whereas if you throw them away and want one you'll end up going to get another 20 and give up giving up. Maybe?

Just keep at it mate. If you're cutting down 50% it's a massive achievement.

U

user123

instead of having a smoke just take a big deep breath , hold it for a few seconds and let it go, far more calming than a smoke, it takes 7 seconds for the nicotine to get from the lungs to the receptors in the brain so its the first draw that relaxes which is the breath not the smoke

Hey that's interesting, so it's the 'GASP!!!' we all do...., or the deep breath and sigh thing.... see, we don't need **** to do that!!! quite like that bit of information... party talk, init... :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose it's the extra oxygen you're getting in that the body likes. Apparently my CO2 levels in my blood stream will be back to normal once I've not had a ciggy for just 24 hours! So if I manage to go a whole 24/36 hours without a ciggy I bet that breathing thing will work better on me.

A lot of it is habit though, a bad phone call, end it abruptly and sparky a ciggy. Receive an important email that needs a few minutes mulling over time, spark a ciggy. So if I can get into the habit of taking a few deep breaths and doing the "bad boys 2 style wooosaaaa" thing whilst rubbing my ears, I'll be all right. :D :lol:

Reaction score
Thursday and friday, have been good days. Now for the weekend, and the first trip to the workies,for a few scoops, as a non smoker. Hows it going for everyone else?

Last edited:
D

david campbell

great thread,just picked up on it!
was at the doctors a few weeks ago and expressed my desire to give them up,but at the moment the doctor thinks it might be a step too far with everything else thats going on! but i'm determined to give it a go on sunday.
i gave them up years ago for 9 months and started again as if it was nothing whilst drunk one night!:yikes:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm doing okay but I haven't gone a day without a single ciggy yet to be honest. I seem to have one in two halves in the morning, same in the evening, and same at night. Average of 3 cig a day from 25-30 if not more at weekends is pretty damn good for me and I'm coughing up loads of rubbish and I seem to already to be able to breathe better.

Reaction score
Nice one Dan!

It's the habit that's hardest to break, I used to spark up when I was thinking hard, so I now have a cuppa instead, and I also avoided the usual things I used to do that I associated with smoking, and changed my living habits, like actually having brekkie in the morning instead of a *** and coffee. I now hate the smell of ****, but, I love the taste of cigars, however, I only smoke them on special occasions or when I've got friends round and had a few drinks on a warm summers night, so than I'm not in total denial. It took a chest infection to kick me up the *** to do it though, but it was immediate.:thumbsup:

badger

TF
Reaction score
well done to all who have cut down or still off them.
i lasted 3 days and back to normal now.had Christmas in my head all the time.also was dealing with a difficult client all week.
i suppose i wasnt ready this wk but am determined very soon

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks