Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose it's the extra oxygen you're getting in that the body likes. Apparently my CO2 levels in my blood stream will be back to normal once I've not had a ciggy for just 24 hours! So if I manage to go a whole 24/36 hours without a ciggy I bet that breathing thing will work better on me.

A lot of it is habit though, a bad phone call, end it abruptly and sparky a ciggy. Receive an important email that needs a few minutes mulling over time, spark a ciggy. So if I can get into the habit of taking a few deep breaths and doing the "bad boys 2 style wooosaaaa" thing whilst rubbing my ears, I'll be all right. :D :lol:

Reaction score
Thursday and friday, have been good days. Now for the weekend, and the first trip to the workies,for a few scoops, as a non smoker. Hows it going for everyone else?

Last edited:
D

david campbell

great thread,just picked up on it!
was at the doctors a few weeks ago and expressed my desire to give them up,but at the moment the doctor thinks it might be a step too far with everything else thats going on! but i'm determined to give it a go on sunday.
i gave them up years ago for 9 months and started again as if it was nothing whilst drunk one night!:yikes:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm doing okay but I haven't gone a day without a single ciggy yet to be honest. I seem to have one in two halves in the morning, same in the evening, and same at night. Average of 3 cig a day from 25-30 if not more at weekends is pretty damn good for me and I'm coughing up loads of rubbish and I seem to already to be able to breathe better.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Nice one Dan!

It's the habit that's hardest to break, I used to spark up when I was thinking hard, so I now have a cuppa instead, and I also avoided the usual things I used to do that I associated with smoking, and changed my living habits, like actually having brekkie in the morning instead of a *** and coffee. I now hate the smell of ****, but, I love the taste of cigars, however, I only smoke them on special occasions or when I've got friends round and had a few drinks on a warm summers night, so than I'm not in total denial. It took a chest infection to kick me up the *** to do it though, but it was immediate.:thumbsup:

badger

TF
Reaction score
well done to all who have cut down or still off them.
i lasted 3 days and back to normal now.had Christmas in my head all the time.also was dealing with a difficult client all week.
i suppose i wasnt ready this wk but am determined very soon

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen