Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Daveshadowman

I can not read 20 pages of posts so who stopped smoking and how I smoke 20 a day did stop once for 1 year but had a bad acciedent and started again but now thinking about stopping so any help

U

user123

Light the cigarette as often as you, like, Dave, but just don't put it in your mouth, you get fed up soon enough.. :)

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Next week I'll have been off them for 6 months. Quite chuffed with myself as smoked 20-30 a day and have smoked for about 19 years. I got a £20 electronic cigarette of ebay. Looks like a ***, the end lit up like a *** and the vapour it produced even gave you the hit in the back of your throat. Used it for about 2-3 weeks and that was it. It now comes out maybe once a month when I'm having a bad day :incazzato: Hopefully this is it, fingers crossed I won't light up again!!

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I am 3 months off the ****. use to smoke 20 a day.stopped without plasters or chewing gums.reason? Boy in the shop asked for £ 6.30 for richmond ****.I am not paying that money for something that kills me.Better spend it on toys for doughter.Btw I am a few kilos heavier but never mind - smoke free:hurray:

S

SandyFloor

I'm still off them from eight months ago. The weight went on but has nearly all came off again. For about four months I (and a few others I know) was getting strange effects from my body chemistry changing like dry skin, dizzy turns,heartburn, flatulence, body functions out of sync and more. It's fine now but goes to show how my body became dependant on nicotine and tar. I now see smokers and wonder why I was smoking in the first place. I'm a pain-in-the-bum reformed smoker and I don't care :lol:

F

Fliselege

I stopped the smokes the moment my daughters mum said she could smell ciggy stench on my daughter after a hospital visit when she was first born, did about 7 months then went to a cousins wedding in England and got drunk and had a relapse. When I got back I started using something called "snus", a Swedish creation but very popular here too, even more so since the public place smoking ban. It's tobacco and it either comes in what looks like a little tea bag, or it's loose and you make little balls of it, and you shove it between top lip and gum. So I'm still a slave to nicotene but I'm jacking up a different way and off the ****. Now I'm one of those pain in the neck anti smokers, I seriously cant stand to be near someone that smells of stale smoke and if I work in a smokers house I feel like throwing up, but still crave one when I'm out on the wobble, but I just double up on the snus.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay I still smoke but use a good ecig with strong liquid and tobacco flavour I'm down to 10 a day but maybe 25 when I have a beer at weekends.

How's everybody else doing.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is an old thread Dan!!
Did you have to dust the cobwebs off it.

In November I will have quit for 3 years.
Still have times when I could kill for one but the cravings don't last long now.
Have to say it was one the the hardest things I've ever done but glad I've done it and will never go back to smoking Purley cause I know how hard it is to quit.

I

Ian

I've not stayed off them since this thread was started. Probably smoked again for a year or so from last March time, went onto the vape again on May 1st this year so, haven't had a smoke since then, nearly 3 months now, struggle sometimes but, on the whole it's been ok. Lost a close friend and work colleague today and it's been a challenge not to go to the shop if I'm honest.

T

Tile Shop

I quit smoking once. Worst 2 hours of my life.

Seriously though, tried loads of things. They work for a while, then i get wasted buy ****, have a couple while i'm out. Then have a part pack the next day. Will power not being my strong point, i finish the off and then need more. It starts all over again :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks