Search the forum,

Discuss The Fila MP90 sealer made a mess, how to remove? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gillian

I have just put this on my tiles - as advised by Tile Mountain - and they are a mess. I am devastated and should have listened to my tiler, I have spent all morning trying to get it all off. half my kitchen is highly polished and the other half dull due to this sealer. I have read the threads, is it really safe to use white spirit to get this removed ?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
I have just put this on my tiles - as advised by Tile Mountain - and they are a mess. I am devastated and should have listened to my tiler, I have spent all morning trying to get it all off. half my kitchen is highly polished and the other half dull due to this sealer. I have read the threads, is it really safe to use white spirit to get this removed ?
What tiles are they ?

lhw930

-
Reaction score
Hi Gillian, I used white spirit exactly today last year to rub it off! I spent 3 evenings to rub them all off. It was just a bit easier to rub it off with cloth and scrapper. It was a real mess after applying MP90. Tile Mountain said I must apply it even I told told them my tiler's opinion. They aren't so professional on this addon purchase. Tried to earn extra £10-20 from me but wasted me time. Guillan, be careful if you use metal blade, one of my tile cracked.

S

SunilP

I used Fila Colour-Enhancing Stain protector on my polished travertine floor and its not drying.
After 32 hours its very sticky and can see all the brush marks.
How can i remove it ? Will white spirit work, or something else ?

Am trying to call Fila, but just getting an Italian answering machine.

S

SunilP

I used Fila Colour-Enhancing Stain protector on my polished travertine floor and its not drying.
After 32 hours its very sticky and can see all the brush marks.
How can i remove it ? Will white spirit work, or something else ?

Am trying to call Fila, but just getting an Italian answering machine.
Update: I finally managed to contact Fila who stated that i could try removing by:
1 - Applying a small amount of their product again to soften the sticky mess, then quickly wiping off with a dry cloth until completely clean.
2- Use a strong alkaline based tile cleaner to scrub it off.

I went for option 2. I used HG Extreme Power Cleaner. It was seriously hard work, but i got all the sticky mess off my floor on my hands and knees with a scrubbing brush. It came off in small sticky lumps.
Hope this post helps someone who ends up in the same mess as me.... am sticking to a natural finish from now on !

Reply to The Fila MP90 sealer made a mess, how to remove? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen