Search the forum,

Discuss The builders are coming in! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I have the builders coming in tomorrow, I want the bathroom ripped out,(except the mosaic) the kitchen ripped out, in fact its fair to say, most of the house ripped out. The funny thing is, its kind of scaring me, letting one company do everything, its going to be funny sitting on the other side of the fence and watching the going on's. I dont like dealing with the public, with their can you just do this, do that....and now Im thinking my God I might turn out like that!

What if they send along a team of dum dums and a big tub of pva? I think I will have a freak out! Do I make them tea? or show them the kettle and let them get on with it. I dont want to scare them! but I dont suffer fools easily.

Lynn

T

Time's Ran Out

You are NOT letting them do any tiling though are you?
Leave the kettle and cups etc out and they can make tea when they want!
Its your house - you are in charge - they are still working for you.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
tea, biscuits every hour, lunch at one (just a round of sarnies should do). cake and tea at three and more tea just before knocking off at five........ok :thumbsup:

T

tfs

Tell them exactly what you want and if you feel confident in them leave them to it, checking in on development regularly. If you see them doing something that makes you curious just ask.

Just treat it like it was one of your jobs at work!:thumbsup:

U

user123

Re Timelss John - couldn't have said it better myself :) Pebbs, just enjoy having it all done new and nice! I am sure you have done your homework in deciding who you want to do this, if they passed your research scrutiny all will be fine. :) Then again you might enjoy being a proper Bodicea and woe those who put a foot wrong!! Either way I think you'll be alright :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aston

hi pebbs
despite their bad press, theirs lots of good builders out there.

a pro builder is like any other pro.they will be very organised, working to a time scale, and ensuring all their subbies ( joke ;0) workers and doing a good thorough job..

My big advice is - dont get to friendly with a builder. its easy to do when they are on your property for 4-6 weeks but its the worst thing that you can do. treat them like one of your own workers. be polite but dont get to chatty, they are working for you and the last thing you need is another friend! one whos costing you money and time through long and happy chats lol

anyway, you dont appear to be a soft touch so i am sure you'll have them in line!

cheers
ed

B

Brinkley

andy tea every hour surely your joking half hour more like but on the window sill work and drink no breaks.
seriously pebbs if it were my company we dont expect tea .tea is a bonus

H

hillhead

Think of the finished product Lynn and hopefully all else will run smoothly.
I had a dream builder build my whole house nine years ago, no probs then and stiil none .
Plenty of good men about.

Reply to The builders are coming in! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen