Discuss Tanking past tiles and shower tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, I’m tiling wall first then fitting enclosure but tanking before the tiling. My question is if I’m tiling behind the frame but only the width of the frame What will stop the water if it gets behind the tiles, running down the wall to the outside of the shower tray?
Hope you can help
Ben

Reaction score
If you serate the walls vertically and no spot fixing then grout and silicone properly, there shouldnt be any water getting behind the tiles. If water does get behind having vertical glue serations will prevent water collection
Silicone the external of the frame only then shower base and internal walls

Reply to Tanking past tiles and shower tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay