Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking and travertine weight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

j3ff

Hi all, first question following a short intro over at the intro page.

I'm just about to start fitting out an en-suite and bathroom in the extension I'm just completing at my place. Anyway, I've committed THE cardinal sin of changing my mind (or more accurately having my mind changed for me by the boss (missus).

In the e-suite I've aquapaneled the shower cubicle. Will house a 1200x800 stone tray with thermo mixer fed by a unistor pressurised tank.

Original plan was to tank this with wp1 or weber equiv. then tile with ceramics- all well within the 32kg limit for tanked aquapanel (paint on method).

Problem now is that missus has TOLD me we're having travertine so being the loving partner that I am I've duly complied and bought in 460x300
travs. However, these are probably over the weight limit (have no bathroom scales) but at just over 7 tiles per m2 my guesstimate is about 35kg - certainly heavier than a bag of cement.

As I definately want to tank the area (seen too many rotten floors etc) I am wondering what the best option is. Seems to me like the way to go would be to use a physical membrane rather than a paint on but I've not used these before and I'm not sure of the weight bearing limits for them.

Any opinions are most welcome

many thanks for indulging me

jeff

D

DHTiling

Hi jeff, Aqua panel should hold around 40kg plus....so if you use a membrane tanking rather than a solution kit then the weight you can hang does not change.

J

j3ff

Thanks Dave,

any recommendations on the membrane? I've used the liquid type but not the physical barrier before so I'm all ears on that front.

many thanks

jeff

Reply to Tanking and travertine weight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen