Discuss Supply chains in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

ph tiling

i was wondering if anybody could shine any light on how you get onto contractors supply chains

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You've lost me.......do you meen how you get trade rates from suppliers? Or supply the suppliers with stuff?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ah right......you need to send introduction letters to there head offices introducing you're company to them and asking if you can tender for any up and coming contracts....be warned there's a lot of red tape that comes with it.....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It can be more hassle than it's worth. But it can pay off.

Go the local councils and find the planning that's been recently applied for or granted and then contact those companies.

They'll soon be looking for contractors.

P

ph tiling

Ok thanks I can imagine there are lots of method statements risk assessments involved thanks for all your advice

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You would need to show PLI be able to price jobs off plans know about retensions build it into your prices ect..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If it was easy everybody would be doing it. If you've got your whits about you, and don't mind a bit of paperwork, and don't get stressed with red tape, then you'll be perfect for it.

I've know a few people win contracts and not even have the tradesmen arranged yet. And they wouldn't be wearing workmens clothes for the duration of the contract either.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That said. @Pebbs whos one of the more experienced contractors on here might say avoid it like the plague.

C

Concrete guy

The larger the company the more paperwork and red tape is involved.

We're going through this now for a large UK Plc, it is quite a mission but will be worth it when completed.

C

Concrete guy

Is that to supply products to?

It's a company to which we're currently supplying tooling, but it's rolling out to all their stores (600+) over the next 12 months and as such lots of due diligence has to take place. Even as far as vetting the factories where the products are manufactured to make sure working conditions are up to scratch etc.

Making sure that contingency plans are in place for alternative producers in the case that a factory closes or stops production. All that sort of thing.

Reply to Supply chains in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay