Search the forum,

Discuss Suitable tiles for a Garage floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

Just because the price is low doesn't necessarily mean they are poor quality or unsuitable (expensive factories who should know better have been putting out some proper crap in recent years.... bowed, sizey, printing faults, blah de blah). Cheaper just normally means bought by the supplier in huge bulks and passing the quantity discount down the line.

You can get a 30x30 or 40x40 (only 6mm thick) grade 5 full bodied porcelain for around the £10 mark, or quarries for approx £13, but stick a full bed of adhesive beneath it and you can go ahead and park your Sherman tank on it no worries.

I

Italy

Just because the price is low doesn't necessarily mean they are poor quality or unsuitable (expensive factories who should know better have been putting out some proper crap in recent years.... bowed, sizey, printing faults, blah de blah). Cheaper just normally means bought by the supplier in huge bulks and passing the quantity discount down the line.

You can get a 30x30 or 40x40 (only 6mm thick) grade 5 full bodied porcelain for around the £10 mark, or quarries for approx £13, but stick a full bed of adhesive beneath it and you can go ahead and park your Sherman tank on it no worries.
normally................
The only difference is that the expensive factories answer the phone.
While the rubbish does not answer the phone.
Indeed, there is not even the number to call.
Small difference. o no?

D

Dumbo

I agree recently put up some tiles from topps . I would of given about £8 psqm metre for them but can't imagine they were that price .

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Solid bed Andy, only garages I've ever done have been in porcelain min.8mm thick.

What I find amazing is that people leave probably the second most expensive thing they will ever buy out on the drive and leave a load of cheap junk in the garage.

Reply to Suitable tiles for a Garage floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen