Search the forum,

Discuss Stress fracture concrete 2 joining rooms ditra? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

Have a kitchen / dinning room floor job, concrete floor. Where archway meets in the middle of the room there is a crack along the whole length from side to side, it's a very faint crack so would I need to ditra over the whole concrete floor as the customer insists on not having a movement joint were the crack is also the crack isn't in a straight line. The floor is uneven and has to be self levelled anyway ,so would a fibre slc not stop the crack from transferring to the tile? Tiles are Granite :smilewinkgrin:

Reaction score
hello
I would recommend to Ditra the floor, better to be safe then sorry :), would be interesting to know if the floor is heated and how big is it, wouldn't risk it just to slc it and tile it

2020Tiling

Will be a bit price difference adding ditra plus labour. it's not heated and 17 mtrs. I recon I need around 4 bags of slc to make it flat.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sounds le the concrete wanted a joint at that point. Ditra is appropriate if there is no vertical movement but if there is vertical movement you will need a joint in the tile face as well

S

Stef

This started out as a hairline crack,
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389123063.730451.jpg
This was after two years, it cracked the limestone much earlier than this.
The company were advised at the time to go with Ditra but wouldn't listen.

S

Stef

How do these poured anhydrite and hemi hydrate screeds perform under stress, do small fractures also end up being major cracks ?

I'm not sure, that's a question for Ajax,
On the calcium screeds I have tiled I have noticed very small cracks but only time will tell if they develop into a problem.

P

Peter

How do these poured anhydrite and hemi hydrate screeds perform under stress, do small fractures also end up being major cracks ?

Are you getting many of these screeds round your way? Few and far between in Belfast thankfully.

Reply to Stress fracture concrete 2 joining rooms ditra? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen