Search the forum,

Discuss Sticking ceiling coving to wall tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

raty

Hi, I am new to this forum, and hope all you experts can offer me some advice.

Can anyone advise the best way to stick coving onto tiles. I have decided to remove the coving and tile the walls and then put the coving back on top after as the tiles are quite thick and therefore protrude in front of the coving if I left it as is.
But what adhesive to use???
Tles adhesive or coving adhesive or silicone etc etc???

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Raty.

G

guy1976

i would stick the coving to the tiles with silicone and to the ceilings with coving adhesive

W

White Room

You may need something to support the cove while adhesive has time to take hold.

T

theyomper

Depends on the coving. If it's plaster coving then it would need to be supported, if it's paper faced coving, which is lighter and easier to work with, it wouldn't need as much support. When I fix coving I use a panel pin against the edge rather than through face. Pins could be placed in the grout line. When you are happy that the addy has set then take out the pins and run a bead of decorators caulk around the edge. That will close any pin holes and give a surface to paint on. Better than screwing throught the face and no need to fill the holes.Silicone will not take paint.

B

brian c

Builders fastset would do the trick,as said befre pin it with nails and take out and fill when dry.:thumbsup:

Reply to Sticking ceiling coving to wall tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen