Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Special Builder in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
IMG_1887.JPG IMG_1886.JPG IMG_1891.JPG IMG_1929.JPG IMG_1927.JPG IMG_1937.JPG I received an enquiry regarding some split faced mosaic on a feature fireplace, the builder used trim to finish the corners. You can't do that I said, they have to be mitred.... and so on. Can you come and have a look. It looked shocking. I got the job of fixing the builders **** up. I also had a look around the other rooms that this builder had tiled. Also bad, lippage all over and just generally crap work, at least he primed before he tiled........... that's what pva is for isn't it??? At the same place there is going to be a 6mtr x 6mtr feature staircase wall done in split face mosaic as well. I was speaking to the builder about this, this is the conversation.
I still have to board the wall, then plaster it, then paint it before you can tile it!!!!!!!

No all you have to do is board it, I then went on to explain weight limits etc.

His next words were the best...... You don't know what your on about, all the weight is sitting on the floor so weight limits don't matter, besides you always plaster and paint so if you want to remove and change the tiles they come off easy.

I just turned and walked away at this point laughing.

I

Ian

So he's used trim with the stone and left the bare edges of the porcelain on show! I hope his brickwork is better :)

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I know bri. marble on one of the bathroom floors as well with grout stains all over it, split face slate in the shower enclosure. It goes on and on. I feel for the client as he's getting what he think's is or was good advise.

P

p4ulo

Whatta love. Can't believe he's still working there after having to get someone else in to fix his gash.

Reply to Special Builder in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks