Search the forum,

Discuss Spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluemoon

hiya boys,just a quickie,how many of you leave the spacers in and grout over them.i was taught to use them like pegs and remove them,but i find it quicker and easier to clean over as i am working if i use them as they should be used in the corner of four tiles and then press them back to the wall just as the addy has got a grip of the tile. if this is a no no please could you tell me why?.(i am aware of the depth of grout but i find the spacers normally go back behind the depth of tile anyway).cheers.

T

Turkish

Take em out mate! Then it saves you time having to ensure they are all pressed in enough, saves you money cos you can reuse them and ensures a clean grout line!

Turkish:thumbsup:

B

burncross

i always leave them in , but be sure to push them all the way back to the wall with a scraper :yes:

M

Mike Strutter

I always take them out, put them back in the box and then tip the box over:mad2:
Maybe i should start leaving them in:grin: .

D

d noulton

I allways leave wall spacers in floor spacers I stand on end because they tend to sink into the addy then remove prior to grouting each to their own I guess

G

GazTech

I also use as pegs then remove. Never use spacers on floors.....rack of the eye for me.....Gaz

B

bluemoon

thanks 4 the advice boys,sound stuff as usual.might try leaving em in and see if its any better time wise but i'll probably be wracked with guilt for going against my training.

Reply to Spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
I'm refitting our bathroom which is about 3m sq and am putting in a wetroom shower in the corner...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen