Search the forum,

Discuss Small hole / dodgy patchwork, can I tile here? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BrhTiling

Can I tile on top of these areas> (sorry about the poor quality pics, they were taken on my mobile phone)

27-06-07_1254.jpg
27-06-07_1255.jpg

27-06-07_1259.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

just scrape of any loose material and prime as for area with hole in will be ok to tile over check boxing is securely fixed so it hold the weight of the tiles..

D

DHTiling

as long as its soundly fixed and primed no probs, and if its a bit bumpy flatten off with a scraper and patch as required..

D

DHTiling

just checked ur photos again if that boxing is painted remove any flakey paint and prime with acrylic primer..

B

BrhTiling

Ok thanks.

That is actually my own bathroom, bit of a bodge job because I started it before really learning anything about tiling.... patched the wall myself, but really I need to get on a plastering course.

Reply to Small hole / dodgy patchwork, can I tile here? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen