Search the forum,

Discuss SLC over Ditra? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Has anyone used SLC to fill Ditra? I'm wondering if this would work - whether it would run into the holes fully. If it did work it would save a lot of time on bigger jobs and be more cost effective than filling with adhesive. I usually go over with a loose mix of adhesive first and allow to dry but as anyone knows it's time consuming making sure that it works in properly.

D

DHTiling

Have you thought about Dural Ci....a lot easier to fill with adhesive than Ditra IMHO...and cheaper to buy..:thumbsup:

W

wetdec

The biggest problem with the Ditra is you need to fill the holes to the bottom and into the dove-tail which can be a real pain. The Dura-ci has a mesh over the surface so as the adhesive falls into the holes it is gripped by the mesh - no dove tails to fill...

:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Unless your SLC is flexible I would only advise to fill the surface of the Ditra with the same adhesive you stick it to the floor with and the same adhesive you are going to fix the tiles with - 1 product for all!
Webber fast set flexible is a competitively priced adhesive.:thumbsup:

D

dagger

there are slcs you can use over ditra like ....fibreplan...it aint cheap though, and 1 bag goes 3m2 (apr) over ditra in my experience....

oh and for it to work correctly you will need to use an airator!!!!! (spiked roller to you!).

T

Time's Ran Out

In my experience it would be better to SLC the floor first.
Small gauge trowel with flexible rapid set to fix Ditra/similar mat.
Screed and fix tiles in one operation using same adhesive.
Adhesive £5-00/metre :thumbsup:
or
Fibreplan £9-00/metre + adhesive £3-50/metre = (£12-50/metre)

D

dagger

In my experience it would be better to SLC the floor first.
Small gauge trowel with flexible rapid set to fix Ditra/similar mat.
Screed and fix tiles in one operation using same adhesive.
Adhesive £5-00/metre :thumbsup:
or
Fibreplan £9-00/metre + adhesive £3-50/metre = (£12-50/metre)

i totally agree John..just mentioning an option!
personally,i never screed and fix at the same time....fill the holes let it set and then start to tile...but thats just me....

and i fix dietra down with a 3mm square notced mosaic trowel....20kg bag you can ditra the whole universe.....or a good few rooms at least!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to SLC over Ditra? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen