Search the forum,

Discuss SLC directly onto chipboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

I thought 6mm ply was the standard prep for tiling onto suspended timber floors Neale?

I would agree, the 6mm Hardibacker is probably a better product though.
Only if you are a joiner Hugo.....6mm is far too thin IMO. More chance of getting voids underneath I feel. Would prefer prsonally to go straight down onto chipboard with Ardexflex 7001 or even (god forbid!) fastflex if I had to!!

Reply to SLC directly onto chipboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.