Search the forum,

Discuss Slate Sealant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

annawil

I HAVE JUST HAD A SLATE FLOOR PUT IN MYKITCHEN. THE TILER SEALED THE TILES FIRST WITH HG IMPREGNATOR. HOWEVER WE USED THE COOKER IN THE KITCHEN YESTERDAY AND NOW THE FLOOR HAS SPOTS ON IT, PREDOMINATLEY BY THE COOKER, THEFORE I THINK IT MIGHT BE OLIVE OIL (ALTHOUGH NOT CERTAIN). I HAVE WASHED THE FLOOR TWICE WITH FLASH DILUTED IN WATER BUT THE SPOTS REMIAN. ANY ADVICE? I HAVE SEEN HG STAIN REMOVER ON THE NET PUT THID ALSO REMOVES THE IMPREGNATOR, AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND!MYTILER IS ALSO AT A LOSS AS TO WHY THE IMPREGNATOR APPEARS NOT TO HAVE PROTECTED THE SLATE.:sad_smile: HELP!!

A

annawil

the floors been down since thursday and i washed it on fri and there were no spots on it. they have appeared since last night, would dirt spots take a while to appear? if it is dirt what do i do next?

A

annawil

two coats, he definately put one on before tiles went down and another after that (not sure if it was before or after they went down but def before the grout. what can i do???

A

annawil

i have done some ringing about and it sounds like the tiler hasnt put the hg impregnator on properly or it would show marks on it. a suggestion was made that the hg impregnator was removed with a stone stripper, then stone cleaner, then resealed. does this sound feasible?is this a really messy job? the slate is layed in my new kitchen, which has white units!

D

DHTiling

I Recommend You Use An Intensive Cleaner ( Recommend Lithofin Wexa )
Then Seal The The Floor With Lithofin Slate Seal ( 2coats ) Impregnator Alone Really Does'nt Give Ample Protection.
Follow Instructions On Bottles And You Will Have No Probs.
Yours Dave ( Dh.ceramics)

A

annawil

thanks, would it have worked if there had been more coats?or did it need somthing extra on top of it? i ask this as our kichen has an off shoot area also tiled which does not have the marks on it, as its an eating area rather than a cooking area. would it be best to do the whole thing with the stuff you recomend, both the removal and the reseal or can we pop the last coat of the new stuff on top of this area or is that not going to work? sorry for all the questions, im finding this all a bit stressfull!

G

GazTech

HG impregnator does not in fact impregnate into the tile to protect it.It works only as a sealant,therefore needs to be replaced you can view my old thread about selants on forum
icon14.gif

----
Added post information (due to double posting):
----
http://www.tilersforums.com/floor-tiling-forums/1378-impregnator-sealants.html here is the link annawil hope it helps

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Slate Sealant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen