Search the forum,

Discuss Simple Question On Adhesives in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
With so many types of adhesives now on the market, I was wondering why some are suitable for fixing ceramic and quarry floor tiles but not porcelain floor tiles? When I was fixing tiles a few years back I would use CTF, Ardurit x7 and Biscem or sand and cement screed with cement dust to fix almost all types of floor tiles.

T

Time's Ran Out

It's called progress.
Many of the adhesives are suitable for most tile types but manufacturers have developed a variety of admixes to help these adhesives bond better , not only to the impervious tiles but also to the range of substrates provided.
Quoting your example X7 was a great adhesive, did everything it said on the packet, then they brought out Ardion 90 to add to it allowing it to become flexible and not require a primer. It went from £15 a bag to + £18 a bottle = £33 to do a job. Now you can buy Webber at £13 to do the job of both - that's progress!
I still do sand and cement + a slurry back on tiles/stone but it's often a lot more expensive than the correct background with a suitable bagged adhesive product.
This job has never been easier and keeping up with new technology is the only way to stay at the pinnacle of your trade.
Note - only 4 posts in 4 years - come on get involved.
Welcome back Mr doughboy.

Reply to Simple Question On Adhesives in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen