Search the forum,

Discuss Showertray niche and more in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

If the adhesive has gone off fine then don't worry.
I'm not too sure what you mean with regards to the seal strip.
Lay floor tiles then cut wall tiles to fit.
Bag will last ages if inside

M

m3fitter

As regard to your vertical mosaic feature, I would adhere them to 4mm dukka seperatley, usually your field tile will be 10mm porc's, use a 3 or 4mm mosaic trowel to fix them to the dukka ( pre cut to size horizontally, and then adhere your dukka panel with mosaics to the inset you have left, enabling you to achieve a flush, perfect finish to your field tile :) job done, tip leave 3mm extra gap as an inset for tolerance for the feature mosaic work..

G

G1zm0

Thanks guys the mosaic is 10mm and field 9mm . So would 4 mm hold it ok.

What gap size should I go for . Was thinking of 3 for walls and floor.

The seal im on about is a aqua seal. Ive installed it around the tray but where the corner meets the wall . It doesn't go flush to the wall it goes round the corner instead of Square so doesn't seal right in corner. So gonna cut it at this part and then fix it up with the mapei tape and double cover the rest .

I've gave up with the alcove . Just gonna do corner shelves.

Aint dog tooth just to bring the height up to the field tile height.
Where im going to put the mosaic is in center of tray. But this leaves a full tile to the right then a slither, so going to cut a few rows from the mosaic to bulk it out so I dont need a slither.

With the floor. I should do that last but leave bottom row wall tiles off then hopefully get a decent sized tile in there.

Or shoukd I do floor first then walls .

Guys your advice is valuable and Welcome to me and appreciated.
Thanks

Reply to Showertray niche and more in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen