Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Shower niche edging trim? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

BigAl

I'm about to start tiling a couple of shower niches in my bathroom and i'm wondering about how to install the trim on the external edges. The concern I have is if they're going to be waterproof? I can't see how it's sealed where the tile meats the strip if I just use the adhesive to bed the strip down? Should silicone come into the equation somewhere? Ta.

M

Mike

as you say it's in the shower, the 'wet' area should be tanked prior to tiling. i leave a 1mm gap between the trim and the edge of the tile and force the grout in. there should be no movement in the trim so the grout should be fine. using silicon i.m.o. will undoubtedly be messy

B

BigAl

Thanks. The shower niches and indeed the entire cubicle has been tanked with Mapei WPS. The niches also have rubber Mapei strips in the corners.

Reply to Shower niche edging trim? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks