Currently reading:
shower ceiling problem

Search the forum,

Discuss shower ceiling problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

Why not put up pvc ceiling panels like these....

IMG_2981.jpg

we have steam cabins,self enclosed showers
Are they very popular? the only reason i got one in is that we have a small bathroom in an old house.There is no extractor fan and during the winter we get the problem of mould starting to appear mainly over the shower. My wife got tired of cleaning it so opted with the dome.It workes really well no more mould and no more steamed up mirror=Happy wife= :8:happy me

F

freckvan1

Well thanks for everyones help I really appreciate this.
If I decide to repaint, I'm going to sand/scrape off all old paint.
Then seal/prime before painting.
Do you have any ideas as to best sealer/primer to use?
I can use whatevers left over as it's a small bathroom and I can
use remainder on the job I'm on now.
Good laugh reading replies to Shower Cabin top!
Finally got my eyes straight after the vertical one!
Thanks,
Chris::lol:

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
Are they very popular? the only reason i got one in is that we have a small bathroom in an old house.There is no extractor fan and during the winter we get the problem of mould starting to appear mainly over the shower. My wife got tired of cleaning it so opted with the dome.It workes really well no more mould and no more steamed up mirror=Happy wife= :8:happy me

have seen 2 fitted one was absolute rubbish and was bouncing around like a kids bouncy castle...the 2nd one was better quality but i didnt see them being worth what the customer paid tbh

T

Time's Ran Out

We did a bathroom in Applestone a couple of years ago and the DIY lady of the house bought the Bathroom ceiling paint that went on Pink and dried White so she could see where she'd been. Only problem was when the steam hit the ceiling the pink ran all the way down her lovely White Applestone tiles!!!!!! Fortunately we noticed it the very next day and as the tiles had been thoroughly sealed it wiped off.

Reply to shower ceiling problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.