Search the forum,

Discuss Short video anhydrite screed and Dural Ci in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

aph257

my thoughts too Dave, because it doesn't show the 2nd coat being applied at 90degrees to the 1st coat. which is what i understood the process to be. comments please Lee/Weber. other wise perfect.

D

DHTiling

And not all anhydrite screeds need a severe sanding now either, for instance Gyvlon LL is low laitence and if kept clean, just needs priming but as we all know a floor is never kept clean , so just needs a light sand to remove surface dirt and not a laitence

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a number of issues about this video.

1 It does not show the priming process fully (i.e. no second coat)
2 It does not distinguish the different types of anhydrite screeds which are available
3. It does not take any account of moisture content
4. It takes no account of the health and safety aspect of sanding floors (should really use a vaccuum attachement or slow speed rotary sander so you don't throw dust about
5. It takes no account of the various types of calcium sulphate screed available
6 It says they are self levelling screeds - they are not
7 It seems to imply that an uncoupling membrane is a requirement (Not surprising as its a Dural/Weber video so soirt of forgivable) - Uncoupling membranes are by no means a necessity
8 it does not mention underfloor heating (many of these screeds are over wet underfloor heating systems)

On the plus side its nice to see someone at least being pro active. Weber have also got a Gyspum based addy in the UK now. I am going to see some in use tomorrow so will report back on tilers comments.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a number of issues about this video.

1 It does not show the priming process fully (i.e. no second coat)
2 It does not distinguish the different types of anhydrite screeds which are available
3. It does not take any account of moisture content
4. It takes no account of the health and safety aspect of sanding floors (should really use a vaccuum attachement or slow speed rotary sander so you don't throw dust about
5. It takes no account of the various types of calcium sulphate screed available
6 It says they are self levelling screeds - they are not
7 It seems to imply that an uncoupling membrane is a requirement (Not surprising as its a Dural/Weber video so soirt of forgivable) - Uncoupling membranes are by no means a necessity
8 it does not mention underfloor heating (many of these screeds are over wet underfloor heating systems)

On the plus side its nice to see someone at least being pro active. Weber have also got a Gyspum based addy in the UK now. I am going to see some in use tomorrow so will report back on tilers comments.

Get in!

What the hell would we do without you?!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have read my reply and feel as if I have been a little abrupt - almost harsh in my critique. I did not mean to be but am in a blunt mood today.

I have seen this video just after it was made and did bring some of these issues to Weber at the time but it was clearly too late to do anything about it. I guess to put a more pragmatic and reasonable slant on it if you follow the advice offered in the video you are unlikley to have any failures provided any underfloor heating is comissioned, the screed is dry enough and the joints are clearly defined.

It is just that this shows just one way to deal with the screeds. There are others available.

P

peckers

Invisible spacers i must get some of them, poor bloke looked like he was struggling with that job...

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don't be sorry. It's not that bad.......and when all is said and done it is only a "sales/training" vid.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As said, don't be sorry. If it airs corrections then it's a must! I wish we had more incorrect video's and theories added to the forum so they'd get corrected, though clearly the risk is they don't get corrected.

But in this case, it did. And it doesn't matter if you had a dodgy day, I think you put everything across in the only possible way to not cause confusion.

You never know, even video's being made might end up being in more detail for the benefit of even the creators.

Reply to Short video anhydrite screed and Dural Ci in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Small quantity of 20 x 31.6 in white required to replace broken tiles.
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen