Search the forum,

Discuss Shmox leveling clips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Colo

TF
Reaction score
I have some 1.5 Schmox clips The packet states they are for up to 3mm grout line, but I want a 4mm grout line. Is it ok to use them with a 4mm spacer or can i get thicker clips.
Cheers.
As always I appreciate your advice and time and thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I personally use a smaller width Schmox clip with a spacer. i.e. a 1.5mm clip used in conjunction with a 2mm spacer.

If you just use the clip you stand a greater chance of chipping a tile when you kick or hammer the clip away, as sometimes tile adhesive gets caught up in the clip.

So to answer your question. Yes, you can use a 4mm spacer with your 1.5mm clip.

Colo

TF
Reaction score
I personally use a smaller width Schmox clip with a spacer. i.e. a 1.5mm clip used in conjunction with a 2mm spacer.

If you just use the clip you stand a greater chance of chipping a tile when you kick or hammer the clip away, as sometimes tile adhesive gets caught up in the clip.

So to answer your question. Yes, you can use a 4mm spacer with your 1.5mm clip.
Thank you
[automerge]1582808239[/automerge]
Thank you

Reply to Shmox leveling clips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen