Search the forum,

Discuss Self levelling compound on top of 100mm insulation in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

colink

TF
Reaction score
Will this work?
(top to bottom)
tiling (one room), 12mm laminate (other room)
19mm T&G chipboard
self levelling compound
100mm Kingspan insulation (joints and edges sealed so self levelling does not run below insulation.
concrete slab (not level)

Considering this fibre reinforced self levelling compound. It is designed to go on top of floor boards or on top of the T&G

Due to mixed levels over two rooms my preference is to put self levelling on top of the insulation VS on top of the T&G

Will this work?

I assume I need to prime the insulation with the manufacturers primer.

Thanks ColinK

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Why levelling compound in top of insulation. That's bonkers! If the concern is that it our if level. Put the levelling compound in the concrete underneath...

Reply to Self levelling compound on top of 100mm insulation in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen