Discuss Self level compound poor job? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Waluigi

Bal need to have a word with themselves. I used to use a lot of their SPF white, the gear in the blue bag. I really liked it. Not been near it for a decade. Back then it went to £23 for 20kg. Laughable.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bal need to have a word with themselves. I used to use a lot of their SPF white, the gear in the blue bag. I really liked it. Not been near it for a decade. Back then it went to £23 for 20kg. Laughable.

Never really used Bal adhesives, mainly Mapei before I got a TM account, but with so many grout colours it makes it impossible to keep it in stock as they will only get damp.

W

Waluigi

I can’t see myself switching from Isomat now. I really wanted to like the Tilemaster adhesives but just couldn’t get on with them and my supplier doesn’t stock the TM adhesive that I want to use.

Edit: at the time the Bal SPF was one of the best on the market in my experience.

D

Dumbo

Makes sense as they sell Ultra too. I’m not keen on Topps. They wanted to charge me £30 for a bag of grout the other day.
New topps uniform
Screenshot_20181002-124822.png

F

Flintstone

I've always avoided Topps tiles and yes they are expensive and a bit diy, but they do price match, so it can be very convenient if they stock something you want show them an online price and your away. I did this last week when I needed a handful of 10mm insulation boards, ended up getting them for less than half there usual price. I'm sure it's the same for adhesives

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry to burst the bubble but the original pour of slc was of the wrong consistancy from the start and therefore compromised. Scrapping a bit off is worse than papering over the cracks and will eventually cost you even more money to put right once it fails. To rectify this properly you are going to have to remove all the default leveller and start again.

Original poster should seriously take this advice onboard.
Especially if you are still using the Warmup, it’s only going to cost more to fix if it fails later.

Take out insulation boards and start again.

Peace of mind and all.

Reply to Self level compound poor job? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks