Search the forum,

Discuss "Sealing" the walls with PVA Glue before tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

And read recently on the BG website that any plaster used which was bonded with pva the tile limits (as BG state) should be only hold a tile weight of 12.5 kg m2.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't believe not only is the DIY Doctor recommending you do it, there's a link mid way through the video selling the PVA haha! Whaaaaaat?!

D

Drifterjoe

I'm doing a night course in plastering at the moment and I asked the instructor the exact same thing.
It just seemed odd that I could prime a rendered wall with PVA skim it with finishing plaster then stick over 20kgs of tiles to that plaster???
He just said that's the way it's done and always has been.

O

On one

And read recently on the BG website that any plaster used which was bonded with pva the tile limits (as BG state) should be only hold a tile weight of 12.5 kg m2.
So what would 12.5kgs m2 equate to in thickness of tile??
Probably negates the use of anything but 6x6 white Pilkingtons.

Reply to "Sealing" the walls with PVA Glue before tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen