Search the forum,

Discuss Sealant before or after grouting? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leblanc

I have constructed a platform/plinth around the bath, which means areas of horizontal tiling, including a wide ledge at the non tap end.
I know that you are supposed to apply sealant immediately between the bath and the tiles for flexing. The tiles are small unglazed mosaics.
Should I therefore seal around the bath first then grout? Or should I grout and remove the grout immediately adjacent to the bath, then apply sealant after the grout has dried?

As well as diy I am having tilers finish off the walls and flooring in the bathroom. Does it create any problems if they tile and grout in the same day? It is separate Bal adhesive and grout.

Thanks

G

GazTech

I have constructed a platform/plinth around the bath, which means areas of horizontal tiling, including a wide ledge at the non tap end.
I know that you are supposed to apply sealant immediately between the bath and the tiles for flexing. The tiles are small unglazed mosaics.
Should I therefore seal around the bath first then grout? Or should I grout and remove the grout immediately adjacent to the bath, then apply sealant after the grout has dried?

As well as diy I am having tilers finish off the walls and flooring in the bathroom. Does it create any problems if they tile and grout in the same day? It is separate Bal adhesive and grout.

Thanks
If the adhesive is tub ready mixed ...then yes the ahdesive needs to cure for a day at least before grouting...if it is porcelain ..even longer..Gaz

Reply to Sealant before or after grouting? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen