Search the forum,

Discuss Screwing hardi backer in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Now usually I always use my impact driver to drive screws in hardi but I had the idea of getting some collated wood screws for my hilti collated driver and i tell'ya what I'm never goin back I screwdriver down 10 hardi board in about 3 mins flat and u can set the depth so the counter sink perfect I'd recommend if u fit a lot of hardI invest in a hilti SD 5000 and SMD 57 collated attachment u won't regret it

Reaction score
Been doing that too recently with my Bosch 10.8v drywall gun with collated attachment, been using 25mm drywalls to good effect.

Reaction score
Do you not find that the dry walls screw heads shear off?? Turbo golds for me.

Left this for a while before replying as thinking about it I had only used the drywalls on ply and on insulation boards but knew I had a bathroom floor to do using hardibacker 6mm - did it today using the drywalls and every screw went in fine with no sheared heads.

A

AndY mac

Drywall screws to brittle wouldn't recommend using them to fix anything to a floor. If you screw one straight threw a stick then tap the end with a hammer you'll see how easy they snap.

D

Dumbo

Now usually I always use my impact driver to drive screws in hardi but I had the idea of getting some collated wood screws for my hilti collated driver and i tell'ya what I'm never goin back I screwdriver down 10 hardi board in about 3 mins flat and u can set the depth so the counter sink perfect I'd recommend if u fit a lot of hardI invest in a hilti SD 5000 and SMD 57 collated attachment u won't regret it
I'm going to get my makita collated screw gun out again had lots of trouble with it jamming but was told to lube it . Hope it does the trick . Has any body had problems with makita collated screwdriver.

Reply to Screwing hardi backer in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen