Search the forum,

Discuss scrap hot water cylinder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

burncross

on a job today, the plumbers have left the old scrap copper hot water cylinder, the owners of the house said would i remove it for them and i can have the scrap money for it! bit of a bonus!
any body know how much you get for them as scrap?

D

DHTiling

The price of crap had gone right through the roof...but lately it has fallen again...but if you remove all the brass fittings it will still fetch enough for a few pints...:8:

G

Gazzer

Let us know what it fetched. I stopped collecting years ago because the price was so low and you had to take a certain weight before they would accept it.

B

burncross

As long as it gets me few pints in the mucky beer shop, thats sounds good to me! :8:

D

DHTiling

Scrap was very good a few weeks back..the chinese were buying it all.....precious scrap like copper etc.....was very high.....even scrap cars were fetching very good money....a few years back an average scrap car would get you about £30 weighed in at scrap yard....this summer, they were fetching about £150 for an average car.....

So a tank like years was fetching good pennies.....

Copper was about £3.50 a kg and now its only about £1.98 a kg......but the prices keep altering...

D

dts

weighed 1 in last week got £22 for it will buy me turkey crown for the saplings :gettree:

M

Mike jackson

on a job today, the plumbers have left the old scrap copper hot water cylinder, the owners of the house said would i remove it for them and i can have the scrap money for it! bit of a bonus!
any body know how much you get for them as scrap?

They can't have been proper plumbers. No plumber worth his salt would leave any scrap behind. That's beer money.

At it's peak down this way we were getting £3000 a tonne for heavy copper and £2800 a tonne for braziery. It plumetted to 1100 a tonne for heavy and £900 a tonne for braziery. It's now back up to around 2000 and 1800.

Last cylinder that my Mrs took in for me was worth about 25 notes.

Mike

C

cornish_crofter

Slightly off topic but during the summer, someone from our local freecycle group was offering a car.

I e mailed her and questioned her wisdom. As a result she took it to a local car breakers and got £80! She never realised it could be worth anything:dizzy2:

One was giving min £100 per car around here, now they just advertise that they'll give 'cash'

Reply to scrap hot water cylinder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen