Search the forum,

Discuss Save or scrap JOTM in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I want it to stay, I have only just entered my first job on there in Jan, some guy called Eduardo entered a half bodged average job and won...... Go figure!!!!!

Seriously though I think it's a great thing on the forum, I do think most hold back on the entry because they don't think they have a chance. I will be entering more that's for certain. As for the low votes, that's a strange one, could it not be set up so members get an e-mail if they don't log on often telling them to vote?

G

Gazzer

Good thoughts Ed, I like the idea of the points system. I will give that some thought.

The only issue with your second suggestion is that we just dont get the number of entries and it would rely on getting more prizes and trust me its hard enough to get one !

D

DHTiling

Cracking idea Ed on the points system , i wonder if there is a Vbulletin add on that would enable a table of some sorts .. been a while since i was on VB forum..

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'd like it to stay and regardless of what it is the next tiling job I do will be entered! To be honest the JOTM badge would be worth more to me than the goodie bag!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I don't agree Gus mate , all jobs that you are proud of should entered ... not just Geo floors etc..

I agree Dave any job should be entered imo, I have always thought jotm can inspire all of us, from a simple half tiled bathroom to a massive industrial floor. We all learn from them, that is the beauty of our trade, no two jobs are the same and no two tilers will go about them in the same way.

I love to see the step by step pics of prep etc, I have entered loads of times knowing my job has no chance of winning, but hope that they might be of interest to some people, as other enteries always interest me. It is good to make up the numbers sometimes. Then again I still love tiling, and seeing other tilers work, I know I'm sad but there you go.:smilewinkgrin::thumbsup:

W

White Room

I must admit some of the quality could be off putting to someone who has a splash back but Aston/Eds idea could be a good idea.

D

Dougs Third Go

I think that Diamond's suggestion would regenerate a bit more interest, ie a bi-monthly/quarterly competition. I'll always look when it comes to voting time and cast a vote but in all honesty I don't get as excited about JOTM as I used to. This in no way reflects on the high standard of jobs that get posted, just that it doesn't seem to grab my attention like it used to.

Reply to Save or scrap JOTM in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen