Search the forum,

Discuss Sand & Cement wet room floor screed questions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Hi All.
Got to admit, having to use S&C to form a wet room floor is a first for me. I Got a call out of the blue from a builder who I have never come across ,quite a few other things setting off alarm bells....... Painter already in an adjoining room,waste pipes at a jaunty angle,promises of we will do this,we will do that.......
but what is the minimum thickness of sand and cement required and how long would this take to dry? Just what to be sure of my facts when I ring him up.

W

White Room

You can take screed down to 30mm if needed but usually 50mm on concrete base with a few fibres thrown in for good measure and a slurry with sbr onto the base will insure a good grip.

W

White Room

I think the falls to the drain is 20mm in a linear metre if memory serves me right....

O

On one

Re: Sand & Cement wet room floor screed questions

I think the falls to the drain is 20mm in a linear metre if memory serves me right....
Which is not too far off being achievable. But the drying times?

- - - Updated - - -

The builder reckons 2-3 days!!!! lol

W

White Room

Which is not too far off being achievable. But the drying times?

- - - Updated - - -

The builder reckons 2-3 days!!!! lol

He can wish.....BS state about a day per 1mm or at least give it couple of weeks....or 4.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi All.
Got to admit, having to use S&C to form a wet room floor is a first for me. I Got a call out of the blue from a builder who I have never come across ,quite a few other things setting off alarm bells....... Painter already in an adjoining room,waste pipes at a jaunty angle,promises of we will do this,we will do that.......
but what is the minimum thickness of sand and cement required and how long would this take to dry? Just what to be sure of my facts when I ring him up.

I think min for sand and cement screed is 40mm/50mm but that could be reduced to suit falls with modern technology.

I think a tanking system before the screed might be a way to go.

I will wait for Ajax to respond, he has never let me down with his advice, so I will bow to Alan's experience.

Good luck.

O

On one

He can wish.....BS state about a day per 1mm or at least give it couple of weeks....or 4.
That's the formula I would use on a concrete,but wondered if S&C was different.

Reply to Sand & Cement wet room floor screed questions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen