Search the forum,

Discuss Rip up job???????? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Did I read that right? The chipboard isn't fixed? So it's a floating floor with UFH on top of it?

I don't think I'd want to try inject anything in that. Ideally need to find out how it's been fitted and what products have been used.

I wish these types of customers would just do a quick search online before 'investing' so much cash into a floor!!
He has point blank refused to come back, nice bloke!
Avoid it like the plague matey.

Sounds like they went for the cheapest guy. He clearly doesn't care about what he's doing and just after a cash job then runs off on his horse.

Unless the customer is prepared to redo the lot and get you to do it, and pay for the ripping out, then I think they've got a broken floor for a long time.

It's a real shame but it happens all the time. More of them need to be on rogue traders.

We should do a YouTube channel. I swear we've got enough of these over the years to get a following.

I wonder how many are by the same guy? Whether we keep getting their customers on here and other tilers asking about their work like this. Be weird if we had a thread a year from a guy - 10% of his customers each year. He does a couple of grand job cash a month and has the rest of the month off.

Sorry, waffling there. Think it's the pain killers pmsl

J

Just Rizzle

unsecured floor i agree with julian touch it it becomes your responsibility not worth it RUN AWAY

Reply to Rip up job???????? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen