Currently reading:
RIP Rick

Discuss RIP Rick in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Lord Flasheart: Mind if I use your phone? If word gets out I'm missing, five hundred girls will kill themselves. And I wouldn't want them on my conscience, not when they ought to be on my *face*! Hello? Cancel the state funeral, tell the king to stop blubbing, Flash is not dead! I simply ran out of juice! And before five hundred girls all go 'oh, what's the point in living any more?' I'm talking about petrol! Woof! Send someone along to pick me up. General Melchett's driver will do, she hangs round with a big knob so she'll be used to a fellow like me. Woof!
Captain Blackadder: Look, do you think you could make your obscene phone call somewhere else?
Lord Flasheart: No, not in half an hour you rubber desk-johnny! Send the ***** with the wheels right now or I'll fly back home and give your wife something to hang her towels on!
Lord Flasheart: [hangs up] Right! Let's dig out your best booze and talk about me till the car comes!

Wonderful as Lord Flasheart, possibly one of the best characters out of any TV series, so sad at only 56

Met him once. I was working on the water softener in a TGI Friday in London. Passed his table a few times and always let on. He then asked the waitress what I was doing going to the kitchen with all these tool boxes, I informed him I was making sure that all the burgers had the right amount of Mad cow in them. He loved the joke said he would use it one day. Bear in mind this happened around 1996-7.
He was there dining with his kids who cant of been more than 6-7 years old. So sad, R.i.p Rik.

Reply to RIP Rick in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement