Search the forum,

Discuss Retile after tile removal damaged Marmox board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

I needed to replace 3 tiles and in removing the old ones the backer board has got damaged - the tiles were on Marmox board so it damages fairly easily. I'm guessing there is no way to effectively repair the board so I think the way forward would be to remove the existing board that is exposed and damaged and replace that section of board. The tile are 300x600mm so the overall area of board is an L shape that would fit into a 600x600 square. The board is on a stud wall and if I cut out the old board the upright on the left side would only expose about 15mm of the wood to fit the board to. The board can have good support on the right side and from another upright in the centre of the board but such a small region at the edge doesn't seem ideal

G

Gazzer

Screw another piece of stud to the existing on the left then to give a better fixing.

U

Unregistered

Thanks Sir Ramic - that was so simple I feel rather dumb for not thinking to do that

Reply to Retile after tile removal damaged Marmox board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen