Currently reading:
resin wetroom

Search the forum,

Discuss resin wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lusso

Well most of my plans for a wetroom seem to curry disfavour from what I've read on this site.

I was hoping to angle 4 plywood triangular sections towards a central waste.
Obviously means taking up to an inch off existing joists at the centre of the room. As the joist depths were 10" I thought 9" might still hold me up. Certainly If I introduced metal support.

I then want to add 6mm thick wine cork tops to the whole 3 m square room with adhesive. Then trowel or self level twin pack resin the wholw floor plus 5" up the wall.
I might add that I have full access under the joists as there is no ceiling below.
I would then wish to tile the walls ceramic or fibre glass so that they overhang the 5" resin wall.
Am I being a twonk ?
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lusso

You can buy large paper sheets on 6mm thick cork from the Czech Republic that you simply roll out on adhesive. Jellineck have been producing cork for the worlds wine industry for decades.

i could've made it harder. I was going to disperse 10,000 plastic ice scream spoons on the floor and resin on top of that. But I thought Dave the Administrator would have ejected from the site due to insanity.

My problem is that preformed trays and tanking raises the floor too high for me. Though I do accept slopping ply is a desperate idea.

F

faithhealer

You can buy large paper sheets on 6mm thick cork from the Czech Republic that you simply roll out on adhesive. Jellineck have been producing cork for the worlds wine industry for decades.

i could've made it harder. I was going to disperse 10,000 plastic ice scream spoons ??????on the floor and resin on top of that. But I thought Dave the Administrator would have ejected from the site due to insanity.

My problem is that preformed trays and tanking raises the floor too high for me. Though I do accept slopping ply is a desperate idea.
Tray sits on the joists not on the floor boards so height is minimal

D

DHTiling

i could've made it harder. I was going to disperse 10,000 plastic ice scream spoons on the floor and resin on top of that. But I thought Dave the Administrator would have ejected from the site due to insanity.

Not if you use the Tuffdec2 tray...:thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

I still have to find 300 quid plus for tuff2. Does it simply fit between joists 1 metre apart. Is it secured by screwing to the joists? Does it mean that the former tray will be a couple of inches below the top of the joist level ? Still looks the best option.

Sadly wetrooms are not an area where you can save money, as the remidial work and re-installation should you have any failures can be eye watering

Do yourself a huge favour lusso, spend your well earned dosh on getting the wet tray and tanking right, as you've seen on the Wet Decs website if you do it properly with the correct tray your floor height increase will be minimal if anything. This is the part of the job that REALLY needs to be right - if necessary just shop around for your tiles to save money, don't do it with the prep/tray:thumbsup:

Reply to resin wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.