Search the forum,

Discuss resin wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lusso

Well most of my plans for a wetroom seem to curry disfavour from what I've read on this site.

I was hoping to angle 4 plywood triangular sections towards a central waste.
Obviously means taking up to an inch off existing joists at the centre of the room. As the joist depths were 10" I thought 9" might still hold me up. Certainly If I introduced metal support.

I then want to add 6mm thick wine cork tops to the whole 3 m square room with adhesive. Then trowel or self level twin pack resin the wholw floor plus 5" up the wall.
I might add that I have full access under the joists as there is no ceiling below.
I would then wish to tile the walls ceramic or fibre glass so that they overhang the 5" resin wall.
Am I being a twonk ?
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

It seems you might be making it harder than it is

What are you doing with the wine corks again :confused:

L

lusso

You can buy large paper sheets on 6mm thick cork from the Czech Republic that you simply roll out on adhesive. Jellineck have been producing cork for the worlds wine industry for decades.

i could've made it harder. I was going to disperse 10,000 plastic ice scream spoons on the floor and resin on top of that. But I thought Dave the Administrator would have ejected from the site due to insanity.

My problem is that preformed trays and tanking raises the floor too high for me. Though I do accept slopping ply is a desperate idea.

F

faithhealer

You can buy large paper sheets on 6mm thick cork from the Czech Republic that you simply roll out on adhesive. Jellineck have been producing cork for the worlds wine industry for decades.

i could've made it harder. I was going to disperse 10,000 plastic ice scream spoons ??????on the floor and resin on top of that. But I thought Dave the Administrator would have ejected from the site due to insanity.

My problem is that preformed trays and tanking raises the floor too high for me. Though I do accept slopping ply is a desperate idea.
Tray sits on the joists not on the floor boards so height is minimal

D

DHTiling

i could've made it harder. I was going to disperse 10,000 plastic ice scream spoons on the floor and resin on top of that. But I thought Dave the Administrator would have ejected from the site due to insanity.

Not if you use the Tuffdec2 tray...:thumbsup:

L

lusso

I just read up the tuffdec2. I'll have to concede that you have proposed a valid solution.

Reply to resin wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen