Discuss Resin And Mesh Backed Marble From Porcelanosa in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
All information on this subject would be much appreciated as I've priced up a job using this stuff and from what I've read on here I'm getting the feeling I should walk away or advice the customer to change the tile for sumat that will stay on the wall lol

W

White Room

If Porcelanosa are supplying then surley they should have an adhesive manufacturer who can guarantee it.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
With the resin and mesh coving 100% of the tile it's impossible to fix the tile in line with the British stand ??

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tilemaster advice was use there ultimate adhesive or for a standard set use setaflex with flex maste addy at 1:1

I

Ian

I've seen a job recently done with these tiles where the backs of the tiles were primed with neat prime plus prior to tiling. I'm not sure where the fitter/homeowners got the advice to do that but, that's how it was done. Something like prime plus grip or Eco prim from Mapei would make a bit more sense to me.

J

J Sid

I've seen a job recently done with these tiles where the backs of the tiles were primed with neat prime plus prior to tiling. I'm not sure where the fitter/homeowners got the advice to do that but, that's how it was done. Something like prime plus grip or Eco prim from Mapei would make a bit more sense to me.

Having worked with resins in the past, I know that unless the surface to be stuck is keyed by the use of a 'peel ply' fabric applied during the cure of the resin and not remove until it is ready to be stuck then there is no hope of a proper bond.
The 'peel ply' fabric is there to collect the impurity's which collect on the surface and give a mat finish. So unless you are prepared to clean and abrade the surface of the backs of these 'resin backed ' tiles, forget using them.....

Reply to Resin And Mesh Backed Marble From Porcelanosa in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks