Search the forum,

Discuss replacing a tile.. wall is back to breeze block ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

Keybored

Hi All,

Some advise please.... I had to remove a tile that got chipped whilst tiling my shower.... problem is I got the tile off with some effort but virtually all the ptaster came off with it exposing the breeze block.

can I replace the tile straight onto the breeze block, I am using weber.set plus I also have weber set rapid..

can I fill the hole with this 'like a filler' let it dry then tile onto that surface ?

please dont mock me if I am being stupid !

W

White Room

Use an acrylic primer on the plaster and build the adhesive up and let it set, then fix the tile with a fresh mix..

M

Mike

that must be some adhesive to pull the render off or was it dry lined? if so you can dot and dab a new piece of plasterboard over the hole and tile it a few hours later

K

Keybored

thanks all........ Mike I was really surprised.... it took some amount of leverage under the tile to get it off and when it came off it was in one piece with virtually all the render 12+ mm's attached to it.....

Reply to replacing a tile.. wall is back to breeze block ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen