Search the forum,

Discuss removing a fire door in new build kitchen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi all,are they any easy ways or knacks to removing a fire door

the type with the chain which i assume is taught in the middle of the door

thanks in advance:smilewinkgrin:

S

Stewart

put a nail in the chain when the door is open to relieve the tension and keep it open, then unscrew from the standard with the closer held in the open position. If you let it the chain go back into the door, it's a pain to get back out.

J

jolly fix

as whitebeam says ,but to when door open place some molegrips around chain tight to the door frame end then unscrew from door .you dont have to mind those fingers then +easy to re-fit chain when needed.the norm is to have a chain slip,small thin plate of metal that slips over chain (does the same as the grips).

T

tfs

kilty, I keep a wee grip in my tool box. You get these with the closers when you buy them. You can pick a closer up for around £3 at screwfix etc. They work a treat and not realy any chance of the tension breaking it unlike pins etc

Reply to removing a fire door in new build kitchen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen