Currently reading:
Removal of adhesive under marble tiles.

Search the forum,

Discuss Removal of adhesive under marble tiles. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Redishbird2

Hi to All - thanks for allowing us DIY'ers onto this forum!

I have just started to take up some marble tiles, which I thought was going to be a massive job...however, once the first was levered out...the rest have come out in whole tiles...doesn't even appear to have made an impression on the adhesive as there is absolutely nothing on the back of the tiles...not sure how they have stayed down for 5 years.
Anyway...the problem is the adhesive underneath them...it's like cement and won't chip, scrape or chisel...unless I want to create dust and take six months off work!!!

Is there anything out there I can use to dissolve it?

Thanks for reading

Red

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
One of these in an sds drill will sort it! With ear defenders

Attachments

• image.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 38

Reply to Removal of adhesive under marble tiles. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement