Search the forum,

Discuss Recommend a new diamond blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys

For years now I've been using Marcrist CK850 in my 125mm grinder and I also have a 250mm one in my Rubi table saw.

I don't know why but the last few blades I have purchased don't seem to be up to scratch, one even split while cutting a tile and near took my head off, that was kindly sorted out by David at Trade Tiler with at Marcrist and was replaced but they just seem to be getting to a point and giving up about half way through, I've tried all sorts to get an edge back but this has failed, maybe its the was I use them I don't know but I think it's time for a change now I am looking to purchase a new blade.

Any advice or recommends appreciated.

Regards

Paul

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
ATS gets my vote. I had to cut some slithers off some porcelain tiles this week and the ATS blade on my grinder did a perfect cut every time. Ck850s are getting more expensive and don't seem to last as long. Get the ATS turbo blade for yr grinder. I promise you that you will be amazed. The turbo blade is also a third of the price as the CK850.

C

Concrete guy

The continuous rim blade is very well suited to wet saws as a general purpose "cut anything" blade.

They also work well on a grinder in combination with a sponge of you're cutting a material that's prone to chipping such as Porcelthin.

The Turbo flange blade is an ideal grinder blade for Porcelain and hard ceramics, but it doesn't like soft material such as travertine or limestone. This is also the blade of choice for quartz engineered stone, wet or dry.

Don't let the prices put you off, we're the manufacturer, you're effectively buying direct rather than having a few layers of retail mark up added to the product.

Reaction score
The continuous rim blade is very well suited to wet saws as a general purpose "cut anything" blade.

They also work well on a grinder in combination with a sponge of you're cutting a material that's prone to chipping such as Porcelthin.

I've just ordered a couple of the turbo flange type to see how I get on with them. Thanks for the info.
The Turbo flange blade is an ideal grinder blade for Porcelain and hard ceramics, but it doesn't like soft material such as travertine or limestone. This is also the blade of choice for quartz engineered stone, wet or dry.

Don't let the prices put you off, we're the manufacturer, you're effectively buying direct rather than having a few layers of retail mark up added to the product.
Just ordered a couple of the turbo flange type to see how I get on with them. Thanks for the info.

Reply to Recommend a new diamond blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen