Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Reading Material in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i suggest you get a life
reading tiling books what ever next
I agree that it may not be the most exciting thing to read, I spent many years training at college (for my current job) and all the practical training was backed up with theoretical, If you have been at it for a long time or had the opportunity to train along side an experienced tiler, then sure, learning on the job with limited theory will work, but if like me, coming into it later in life, then the limited (college type) training I have needs (imo) to be supported with more theory and practical along side, it may just be about background prep, adhesive choice etc, or BS requirement, but at least I'll know its the correct way of completing the job, the customer gets the job he should and I know that its been done right and that's important to me.

I

Ian

I agree that it may not be the most exciting thing to read, I spent many years training at college (for my current job) and all the practical training was backed up with theoretical, If you have been at it for a long time or had the opportunity to train along side an experienced tiler, then sure, learning on the job with limited theory will work, but if like me, coming into it later in life, then the limited (college type) training I have needs (imo) to be supported with more theory and practical along side, it may just be about background prep, adhesive choice etc, or BS requirement, but at least I'll know its the correct way of completing the job, the customer gets the job he should and I know that its been done right and that's important to me.
Don't react to the stupid comments, you're right to want to read up on the tiling trade, there's a lot to know. I read stuff all the time, it's the only way of staying up to date on all the methods and new fixing materials.

Reply to Reading Material in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks