Search the forum,

Discuss Rated People? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rsl tiling

Has anyone tried rated people to find work?

I get alot of my work via the internet but never tried any of these sites! it seems to look alot better than the likes of my hammer only three people can price the job or so they say!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CJ CERAMICS

i advertised with them and found that they were a complete waste of money, most of the jobs were things like to tile a kitchen floor 12 sqm to include adhesive and grout customers max spend £100 distance to job 45 miles....also had a problem stopping payment to them as you have to register your card details and they just kept taking the money until i asked for a new card which then had a different set of numbers.

this is of coarse only MY experience of them other people's opinion may differ.
chris

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
as cj says same happened to me stay well clear, most of the jobs are not worth it , they are auctioned of to the lowest bidder:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

R

rsl tiling

Thanks for the replys

I no my hammer is an auction, the way rated people seem to work you buy the lead and they give you the customers phone no to contact them!

Sounds like another waste of time then!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Loads of posts on the forum about these types of websites, even the tilersforums arms has a bunch mate. Do a bit of a search on here and you'll find LOADS of comments all along the same lines.

I'm waiting for one to be good, and am about to speak to FREEINDEX (which it totally free and runs on ads to get their income - not a bad thing as its business model isn't guides by false claims - and it ranks brilliantly) but am yet to find a 'rate your tradesmen' type website that works well.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Scroll down the screen a bit to the "Similar Threads" there's five "rated people" threads from the past. No searching required. ;)

C

Colour Republic

Loads of posts on the forum about these types of websites, even the tilersforums arms has a bunch mate. Do a bit of a search on here and you'll find LOADS of comments all along the same lines.

I'm waiting for one to be good, and am about to speak to FREEINDEX (which it totally free and runs on ads to get their income - not a bad thing as its business model isn't guides by false claims - and it ranks brilliantly) but am yet to find a 'rate your tradesmen' type website that works well.

When I find the time Dan I will do that PM about all I know of them, sorry been a bit slack and you know how I like to waffle on a subject

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
When I find the time Dan I will do that PM about all I know of them, sorry been a bit slack and you know how I like to waffle on a subject

Already in talks with them matey. Done a bit of research myself fella and got to their board of directors. Just need to finish my proposal. ;)

Thanks for the lead.

C

Colour Republic

Cool, I hope it goes well. My gut feeling about them has always been good, even way before they set that part of it up:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they're happy to be noticed for exactly those reasons and I've not been shy to point out how long we've been searching for such a thing, and how I think we could better it and include lots of activity.

I think it might be a month or more rather than a couple of weeks before we know much more than 'we're in talks' but I'm feeling pretty positive so far.

Reply to Rated People? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen