Search the forum,

Discuss Rated People jobs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

Verona

Just got an email from Rated People about a job in Glasgow (G61 area) if anyone should be interested as it is to "fix 120 sqm of quartz tiles to floor within 2 weeks - adhesive supply . fit tiles and create and fix 6 inch skirting"

Sounds like a fairly good job, but unfortunately we don't have time. But I just thought one of you might want it.

Cheers, Stina

S

smurf21

i use rated people have done for twelve months there a fantastic resorce for leads you wouldnt otherwise get .:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

V

Verona

i use rated people have done for twelve months there a fantastic resorce for leads you wouldnt otherwise get .:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
We have used them to get started up and to get references from customers. They are genuine and good marketing, so a win win that way.
There are a few good jobs at the moment, but also small jobs either less than 1m2 or unrealistic budget - or those two combined! :lol:

O

obobsmith

We have used them to get started up and to get references from customers. They are genuine and good marketing, so a win win that way.
There are a few good jobs at the moment, but also small jobs either less than 1m2 or unrealistic budget - or those two combined! :lol:

I'm just starting out so I'd prob do anything small etc.:lol::lol:
How much do they take for their service.

Off to italy end of the week for fortnight:hurray::hurray::hurray: so I'll maybee look into that when I come back , If you think it would be worth it.

V

Verona

I'm just starting out so I'd prob do anything small etc.:lol::lol:
How much do they take for their service.
I think there is an introduction rate at about £10+VAT for 3 months membership - after that it is £40 per 3 months.
Then you get to see the job description and first part of post code before you decide if you want to by the lead for contact details for the customer.
I have to say that the 120m2 is the biggest job I have seen on Rated People, so you should be safe with their usual job offering. Each customer is allowed to have up to 3 quotes - the downside being the trades person as it cost you anything from £8-20 per detail without being sure of winning the job.
But when you have had a few customers and they have rated your service, many customers don't even go for the cheapest price but what and how you deliver! :thumbsup: It is a good way of starting up I would say though it seems to cost up front. You have to look at it as marketing and advertising, then it isn't that bad.
We also have repeat customers from it - as late as one bathroom booked for next week who had us to tile their kitchen tiled during the winter. :)
Off to italy end of the week for fortnight:hurray: so I'll maybee look into that when I come back , If you think it would be worth it.
Not bad! Enjoy :8: and don't get burnt s it is quite hot there now.

Cheers,
Stina

O

obobsmith

Not bad! Enjoy :8: and don't get burnt s it is quite hot there now.

Thanks for that, we know it's forecast to be in the 30's in Campania, loverly so it will be out with the factor duffle coat :thumbsup: and lots of fluid replenishment:8::8::8:

Cheers,
Stina[/quote]

L

LM Ceramics

i have been with rated people for over a year it was a good starting point it got me abit of work but since the leads are abit over priced

V

Verona

i have been with rated people for over a year it was a good starting point it got me abit of work but since the leads are abit over priced
I agree - anytime the customer doesn't reply to a call (first contact), quote or any other feedback I email Rated People explaining them the situation, they look into it and I'm usually given a free credit for the next lead.
Don't be shy to tell them what you expect when paying for their service. :smilewinkgrin: This way the money goes further than just one contact and the average price for the leads are just above a fiver, which I find reasonable when you have a quiet period.

Reply to Rated People jobs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen