Currently reading:
Raimondi Levelling System

Search the forum,

Discuss Raimondi Levelling System in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

It was mentioned in this thread New Acorn Tile Levelling System that I was going to try this system after having an unsuccessful trial with the lash clips, so I now have a starter kit and some 1200x200 planks to do tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.
image.jpg

I

Ian

Kool!
U can tell me if it's worth getting my new starter kit from the bottom of the shed Bri, I picked it up off of Kwik Split from Stone Show for £40! :)
Marrazi are generally pretty good tiles anyway mate.
Are they textured @Bri?
Slight texture, I've not had them out of the box yet, they do look very flat though. That kit came free with a pedalo that I've been threatening to buy for ages, also from kwiksplit, won't get to use it for a couple of weeks yet

image.jpg

O

Old Mod

Oooow! That looks preeedy! Hehe

Same tile different colour!
Lovely to work with!
Slight texture, I've not had them out of the box yet, they do look very flat though. That kit came free with a pedalo that I've been threatening to buy for ages, also from kwiksplit, won't get to use it for a couple of weeks yet

View attachment 76958

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I

Ian

I used the Genesis one with the flat bottom and bought them locally, then ordered some from Protilertools and got the curved ones...:confused:
I think that was an issue with the lash, the curved bases. The lack of a tightening tool was the biggest issue though, I'm sure I could have modified something to work, maybe the raimondi pliers will work with a bit of fettling.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I think that was an issue with the lash, the curved bases. The lack of a tightening tool was the biggest issue though, I'm sure I could have modified something to work, maybe the raimondi pliers will work with a bit of fettling.

They do sting your fingers after a while. They're made easier if you wiggle the LASH at the same time of slidding the wedge in.

W

White Room

Where do you get the flat ones from?
Lash works well, I've got used to them over time. But you have to use quite a thick bed. If they were flat they'd be very useful!

The Genesis one I get are from a local supplier Nicobond/Tileshapes but the ones that came bowed at the bottom are these Genesis Easy Level System Straps 200pcs | ProTilerTools they look flat on there website.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I have had a bag of tile mate pro lash clips and wedges in the van......had them about a year. Curved bottom type......it's the curve that puts me off trying them, but I think it may be better to drop them into a bucket of hot water before use??!

I tried that because that's what you do with the rubi ones. It makes the lash ones too weak and then they tend to snap off easy.

O

Old Mod

I tried that because that's what you do with the rubi ones. It makes the lash ones too weak and then they tend to snap off easy.
Well I never!:eek:

I have had a bag of tile mate pro lash clips and wedges in the van......had them about a year. Curved bottom type......it's the curve that puts me off trying them, but I think it may be better to drop them into a bucket of hot water before use??!
Crap idea @CJ hahaha

Reply to Raimondi Levelling System in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers? I'll tell you a funny story about how I got a job with Topps Tiles Newcastle and got top sales...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement