Search the forum,

Discuss Push Button or button press for toilet loo wc in stone or porcelain wall tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

You would think that installers working with expensive porcelain, granite, stone or marble tiles would take a bit of pride installing simple items such as a button push for a loo. (I know all the pro installers on here would do a great job)

A button push or
actuators are used for flushing toilets which have concealed cisterns.

The reason to conceal the cistern is to give a bathroom a minimal contemporary clean line.
button_push2.jpg

Its a simple device comprising the main unit, a rubber washer and plastic screw. There is also a rubber blow pipe which is connected to the back of the unit to connect to the main cistern.

A simple hole is all that needs to be drilled into the stone, granite or porcelain surface to give a perfect result.

But what I saw the other day made my blood boil. Some installer has decided to hack out a crude hole into granite, and then to cap it over with a white plastic piece of guttering barge board.

I kid you not....

button_push.jpg

Now instead of an elegant simple button push the owner is presented with an ugly botch of a job.

Whats the point of paying over £40psm for granite tiles to let the installer get away with that!

I think its time for me to do a quick article on how easy the result is to achieve.

Camera is on charge....

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cornish_crofter

There's nothing wrong with that Richard:lol:

And, anyway what are you doing going into the gents with a camera?:whatchutalkingabout:whatchutalkingabout

Seriously though, it wouldn't have taken long to drill the hole out. I used the 30mm drill bit recently to accomodate 2 towel rail pipes coming out of the floor. The holes are large for the pipe because I had to accomodate the stop ends, or flood the place whilst trying to lay them:lol::lol::lol:

I've got a couple of chrome collars on standby when the job's nearly finished to tidy up the pipes. What I wanted to achieve is to do away with that nasty cut out to the back of the room that you often see in bathrooms.

D

Deleted member 1779

Opps I posted the wrong response!

Two browsers open at the same time....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

I've found with those push buttons that you get very little cover plate to conceal your hole, the ones I've done recently only give you a couple of mm from the body of the flush system to the edge of the plate, luckily one of my bits is just the right size!

C

cornish_crofter

I've found with those push buttons that you get very little cover plate to conceal your hole, the ones I've done recently only give you a couple of mm from the body of the flush system to the edge of the plate, luckily one of my bits is just the right size!

.....and if you're a couple of mm out, you're screwed!

D

Deleted member 1779

This is a button push we did for a client. It needed to be fitted over three tiles. Break any of them and its £80psm plus refitting !

tile_drill24.jpg

Close up of a 50mm Button Push in Porcelain tiles with a diamond tile drill.

And This is the room it was installed in...

tile_drill3.jpg

No its NOT a prison cell.... This is a luxury bathroom fitted with 600x300mm porcelain tiles thankyou!

L

larmar

It can be done neat and tidy ,best to take your time and do ti right ,looks fantastic in the end :thumbsup:

Reply to Push Button or button press for toilet loo wc in stone or porcelain wall tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen